Festive foods are often at the heart of holiday traditions, especially sweet treats, however, it can be a bit difficult when your dietary requirements are different from those around you. Here at Keto Hana, we have created the perfect festive treat that will be devoured, whether you're keto or not.
- 5 tablespoons grass-fed organic butter (coconut oil for vegan option)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (or different nut of choice)
- 1/2 cup sweetener (taste mixture before adding more)
- 5 tablespoons whipping cream (coconut whipping cream (Biona) for vegan option)
- 1 vanilla pod or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkle of Himalayan salt
- 1 bar dark chocolate
- Prep a shallow square or rectangular baking dish with parchment paper. Melt butter. Add nuts to butter (or keto granola) and cook for about five minutes until they are slightly toasted (don’t do this if you’re using granola, it’s already toasted :) )
- In a separate bowl, mix your cream, vanilla, salt & sweetener. Add the mix to the saucepan and slowly cook until thick and golden (roughly 5 mins) stir continuously.
- Once the mixture is nice and thick, pour it onto the parchment and smooth the mixture out until even. Refrigerate until firm to touch (30 mins ish).
- In a bowl, break apart the chocolate bar and melt for 30 seconds over a pan filled with water. Pour chocolate over the ‘toffee’ and spread evenly.
- Put the pan into the freezer and freeze until set (30 mins) once set roughly break the slab into uneven pieces.
- Your Christmas nut & toffee bark is ready! Enjoy.