One of our favourite guilty pleasures, here’s how you can make a delicious batch of Lemon and Coconut Bites at home.
170g cream cheese
60g grass-fed organic butter
1/2 cup almond flour
30g sweetener + 1 teaspoon for mixing with shredded coconut
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Zest from 1/2 lemon
1 vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup desiccated unsweetened coconut
- Combine all of your ingredients in a mixing bowl except for your desiccated coconut.
- Once a thick dough forms stop mixing and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Put your coconut and 1 tsp of sweetener combined onto a flat plate ready for rolling your bites into.
- Remove the dough from your freezer and, using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon, form small balls with the dough by rolling it between your palms gently.
- Place your perfectly formed balls onto your coconut plate and roll so that your coconut is completely covering your bites.
- Once they’re all coated, place your bites back into the freezer for a further 15 minutes and then they are ready to enjoy!