With around a third of food produced globally going to waste, it is so important to actively look for ways you can reduce your food waste. Using up fresh food and freezing leftovers is a great place to start!
Rukmini Iyer is one of our favourite chefs, so here’s a keto take on her cauliflower curry. It’s a beautifully simple, yet delicious keto curry that will use up fresh food in the house, and is perfect for freezing.
2 teaspoons mustard seeds
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
2 teaspoons nigella seeds
1 cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
Cauliflower leaves finely chopped
220g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 red onion, sliced into 8
2 garlic cloves, crushed
5cm of fresh ginger
1 tablespoon olive oil
80g spinach, roughly chopped
1 400ml tin of coconut milk
Handful of fresh coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C
2. Bash the mustard, fennel, cumin and nigella seeds in a pestle and mortar and then tip them into a roasting tin with everything except the spinach and coconut milk. Transfer the tin to the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
3. Stir through the copped spinach and coconut milk and let everything cook for a further 10 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked through.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Scatter everything with fresh coriander before serving hot.