In celebration of Green Friday weekend, we have been busy rustling up this crunchy roasted butternut squash recipe using our coconut & almond granola. It's the perfect comfort food for the winter months, and is packed full of flavour. But the best part is it not only uses up food you already have to minimise food waste, but incorporates the whole butternut squash from seed to skin. Making it a fantastic zero waste recipe to to share with family and friends!
Here's how to make it:
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 cup of Keto Hana coconut and almond
- 3-4 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 thyme springs
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Split the butternut squash lengthwise and remove the seeds (keep them aside)
- Cut the butternut in slices creating half disks and place in a baking tray
- Drizzle 2-3 tbsp of olive oil, salt, pepper, 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika and thyme springs
- Bake for 35-40 min at 180C
- In the meantime, mix the butternut squash seeds with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, pinch of salt and pinch of smoked paprika. Bake for 10 mins.
- Remove the seeds from the oven and mix with them the Keto Hana granola, 1ts o of olive oil, 1 tsp smoked paprika and a pinch of salt. Bake for 5 min.
- Remove squash from the oven and sprinkle with the baked seeds/nuts/coconut
- Serve as a side