It took time to perfect the perfect gluten-free Buddha bowl. Think grilled chicken, creamy dressing, fresh vegetables, and of course, our crunchy granola to finish it off. We can’t wait for you to try it.
For the chicken:
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 2 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1/16 tsp cayenne pepper
For the tzatziki sauce:
- 1 cup or 240g greek yoghurt (or plant based greek yoghurt)
- 1 cup or ½ large cucumber, grated
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tbsp fresh chopped mint
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/16 tsp black pepper
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salad toppings:
- 2 baby cucumbers, finely sliced
- 1 whole avocado, finely sliced
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ sliced red or white onion, finely sliced
- ⅓ cup (33g) kalamata olives, halved or sliced
- 150g mozzarella cheese (or plant based mozzarella), sliced
- 50g Keto Hana Coconut & Almond plant-based granola
How to make our gluten-free Buddha Bowl
- To make the chicken, combine all ingredients together and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tzatziki sauce; stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl and refrigerate until you are ready to serve. You can prepare the salad toppings at this stage too.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Add the chicken and half of the marinade. Cook the chicken for ~5 minutes per side, until it is brown and cooked through. If the marinade evaporates, add more to the pan. Slice to check doneness. Tip, cover with a lid throughout to allow it to steam and cook quicker.
- To make the salad dressing, whisk the oil and balsamic vinegar with the salt and pepper in a small bowl or glass jar. Stir to mix or pop on a lid to the jar and shake for ease.
- To assemble the bowl, add the chicken alongside the salad toppings. Pour the salad dressing over the top, add the tzatziki and sprinkle with keto hana almond and coconut granola.
- Enjoy the perfect gluten-free Buddha bowl!