Deliciously crispy biscotti or cantuccini biscuits that have a delicate snap. Filled with our crunchy keto granola and chewy dried cranberries. You wouldn’t be able to tell that they’re gluten free, vegan, sugar free and even keto and low carb (plus packed with protein!). Dipped into sugar free white chocolate to add a little decadence.
- 60g almond flour
- 60g coconut flour
- 70g keto brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 3⁄4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp odourless coconut oil, melted
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp milled flaxseed + 2 1⁄2 tbsp water)
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g keto hana cinnamon granola, roughly chopped
- 35g dried sugar free cranberries, finely chopped
- 240g sugar free vegan white chocolate
- 10g keto hana cinnamon granola, finely chopped
- 10g dried cranberries, finely chopped
How to make Keto Biscotti
- Make a flax egg with 1 tbsp milled flaxseed and 2 1⁄2 tbsp water and set aside to thicken. Preheat the oven to 160C (fan) or 180C conventional. In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, keto brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and stir with a fork until well mixed. Pour in the coconut oil, flax egg, almond milk, vanilla extract and stir with the fork until a fluffy mixture forms that when pressed together will form a dough. Fold through the keto hana cinnamon granola and dried cranberries. On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, use your hands to press the dough into a rectangle measuring 22cm L x 8cm W x 2 1⁄2 cm H. Ensure you compact the dough as firmly as possible as this will prevent it crumbling when you slice it.
- Bake the rectangle at 160C (fan) or 180C for 25-30 minutes until the edges are golden. Turn off the oven and let it cool fully for a few hours by carefully lifting the parchment carefully onto a wire cooling rack. Once they’re fully cool (around 1-2h) turn back on the oven to 130C (fan) or 150C and carefully slice ~1 1⁄2 cm thick with a very sharp knife. Wipe the knife between slices to keep it sharp, press down when slicing and pull it away (avoid sawing with the knife). Gently turn each piece sideways and space back out on the tray and bake for another 45 minutes until the edges are golden brown (turn the tray every 15 minutes and check on them at 15 minute intervals if needed). They’ll be lovely and crispy and golden when they’re ready. Wait 5-10 minutes till not piping hot and then very carefully (they’ll be delicate) transfer each biscuit to a wire cooling rack to cool fully.
- In a small saucepan on a very low heat melt the white chocolate. Whilst still on the wire rack, drizzle the chocolate over 1⁄3 of each of the biscotti. Then sprinkle with more chopped cranberries and keto hana granola. Allow to set in the fridge for 15 minutes and then enjoy. Best enjoyed immediately - store in an airtight container for 3 days.