All about promoting good digestion, this keto cauliflower chicken soup is packed full of plant power, plenty of polyphenols, and pre and probiotics to feed the good bacteria in the gut. Expect creamy cauliflower and nourishing chicken bone broth, with a little kick from the mustard, umami notes from the miso paste, and a warming touch from the ground nutmeg.
- Keto, gluten free, onion and garlic free, plant based
- Quick and easy - ready in 15 minutes
- Serves 2
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g / 4 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 1 1⁄2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1⁄8 (1⁄4) tsp pepper
- 300ml chicken bone broth liquid or equivalent replacement with a chicken stock cube
- and water
- 3⁄4 cup / 180ml almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp keto syrup
- 1⁄4 cup keto hana coconut and almond granola
- 1 tbsp (per serve) keto cream or yoghurt
How to make keto cauliflower soup:
- Chop the cauliflower and add 350g (retain 50g to grill as a topping, optional, otherwise use all 400g inside) to a large saucepan along with the olive oil, miso paste, dijon mustard, ground nutmeg, salt, pepper and saute for 5 minutes on a high heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the chicken bone broth (or stock cubes and water mixture). Simmer on a mid to low heat for 5 minutes until the cauliflower is soft.
- Stir in the lemon juice, almond milk, keto syrup and keto hana coconut and almond granola then remove from the heat and transfer to a tabletop blender (or use a stick blender in the saucepan) to blend until smooth and creamy. Add a little extra almond milk or water if you’d like it thinner.
- Serve your keto cauliflower soup immediately and top with keto cream or yoghurt, and (optional) chargrilled cauliflower; simply cook on a high heat in a griddle pan with a drizzle of olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper for 5 minutes.