This keto chicken curry is the ultimate feel-good meal. Think creamy nutty sauce made with our keto granola, perfectly cooked chicken and fluffy cauliflower rice. Perfection!
- 300g cauliﬂower rice, from a packet
- 1 tbsp + ½ tsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp minced garlic 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 whole cardamom pod 1cm cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup Keto Hana Cinnamon granola
- ¼ cup Keto Hana Coconut & Almond granola
- 200ml almond milk
- ¼ cup / 60ml coconut cream
- 3 diced chicken breasts, 3cm dice
- 1 tsp sea salt ﬂakes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ tsp cardamom seeds (or ground cardamom)
- ¼ tsp whole cloves (or ground cloves)
- ⅛ tsp black peppercorns (or ground black pepper)
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ¾ tsp ground coriander
- ⅓ tsp mild chilli powder
- 1/16 tsp ground turmeric (optional for colour)
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- 1/16 tsp cayenne pepper
- Coriander, chilli ﬂakes and Keto Hana Coconut & Almond Granola
How to make keto chicken curry:
- In a pestle and mortar grind together the cardamom seeds, cloves and black peppercorns. Then add all ingredients in the spice blend list along with the ginger, garlic and water.
- In a high speed blender, blitz the keto hana granola with almond milk for ~2 minutes until a creamy liquid forms.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp coconut oil to a medium-high heat. Add the cumin seeds, cardamom pod and cinnamon and allow to toast for 30 seconds or so until the cumin seeds change colour. Now pour in the spice paste with another tbsp coconut oil and stir continuously on a medium heat for ~3 minutes, this will allow the ﬂavours of the spices to release. The paste should thicken.
- Dice the chicken and coat with 1 tsp of sea salt ﬂakes. Add the diced chicken and allow to sear on a medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side until the ﬂesh is mostly white.
- Now pour in the granola and almond milk mixture and simmer for 8 minutes on a low-medium heat. Pour in the coconut cream and simmer for a further ~2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and salt to taste, and slice through a piece of chicken to check it’s cooked. Pick out the cardamom pod, bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
- Microwave the cauliﬂower rice or heat in a frying pan for 2 minutes until piping hot.
- Serve the curry alongside the cauliﬂower rice and garnish with fresh chopped coriander, chilli ﬂakes and a sprinkle of keto hana cinnamon granola.