A fluffy and moist cake with flavour hints of zesty lemon and bursting with juicy sweet blueberries. Completely low carb, keto, dairy free and refined sugar free means that even if you have dietary restrictions you can have your cake and eat it! And our decadent Vanilla Cake Mix and Crunchy Blueberry Granola take this recipe to the next level.
- 1 box Keto hana cake mix
- 4 x eggs
- 180g melted dairy free butter
- 180ml almond milk
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, grated
- 100g fresh blueberries (40g inside, 60g on top)
- 10g keto hana wild blueberry granola, finely chopped
How to make lemon and blueberry cake:
Empty Keto Hana cake mix into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, melted butter and whisk using an electric whisk for three minutes. Slowly add your almond milk whilst whisking for another two minutes.
- Fold through the lemon zest and 40g blueberries with a rubber spatula, ensuring everything is combined. Pour into a greased 8 inch or 20cm springform baking tin and top with 60g blueberries and 10g of our Wild Blueberry granola. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 160C (fan) or 180C for approx 1h and 5-15 minutes (check doneness with a toothpick in the centre; if it comes out clean it’s ready). Remove from the oven and after around 10 minutes transfer the cake to a wire cooling rack to cool fully; this is important, otherwise the cake will become soggy from condensation. Serve once cool and store any leftovers in an airtight container for 3-5 days.