Just because you are on a keto or low carb diet, this doesn't mean you can't celebrate pancake day. Here’s how to make the perfect keto-friendly pancakes. Delicious, fluffy and unbelievably moreish.
- 95 grams almond flour
- 30 grams of coconut flour
- 2-3 tbsp of any sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 5 large eggs
- 80ml unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- 60 ml avocado oil (or any neutral tasting oil that is liquid at room temperature)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional, but recommended)
- ¼ tsp sea salt (optional, but recommended)
How to make Keto-Friendly Pancakes
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. (Batter should be the consistency of a typical pancake batter. If it’s too thick, add a little more milk. Don’t add too much, or the pancakes will be too “wet”.
2. Preheat an oiled pan on the stove over medium-low to medium heat. Drop the batter onto the hot pan and form into circles. Cover and cook about 1.5-2 minutes, until bubbles start to form. Flip and cook another 1.5-2 minutes, until browned on the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
3. Add your favourite toppings- we love a sprinkle of dark chocolate, some of our Keto Hana granola (of course!) and some juicy berries.
4. Plate up and enjoy!