This pesto courgetti is the perfect vegan-keto twist on a classic recipe. It's full of flavour, is ready in no time, and is sprinkled with our plant-based granola for a kick of feel-good energy.
IngredientsFor the courgetti:
- 4 large courgettes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup homemade vegan pesto or store bought
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup mixed grape tomatoes halved
- Handful of Keto Hana Coconut & Almond (plant based) granola
For the homemade pesto
- 100g fresh basil
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-6 tbsp water
How to make vegan pesto
In a food processor, blend together the basil, pine nuts, garlie, lemon juice and seasalt. If you want to get a cheesy flavour add the nutritional yeast.
- Once a loose paste forms, add the olive oil a little at a time. Next add water a little at a time until you have your desired consistency.
- Season to taste and enjoy.
How to make our pesto courgetti
Spiralise your courgette and place them in a colander inside a large bowl and generously sprinkle with salt.
- Heat the pesto in a large skillet.
Add the courgette noodles and pepper, sauté for 2-4 minutes to heat them through, without overcooking.
- Turn off the heat, add the tomatoes and toss.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of Keto Hana granola and enjoy the perfect pesto courgetti.
Other courgetti recipes we love
Enjoyed our pesto courgetti recipe? Here are some more to try out: