Who doesn’t love a salad? Not only can you make them so that they are low in carbs, but they are also a great way of incorporating healthy fats and protein into your diet. Here is our take on a quick and easy Vegan - Keto friendly salad.
- 6 organic kale leaves
- A handful of organic chard
- A handful of organic baby spinach
- 1 organic cucumber
- 2 romano peppers
- 1 organic avocado
- A handful of broken almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts (any nuts of your choice really)
- A handful of organic parsley
- A handful of organic mint
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Wash all of your vegetables with cold water and pat them dry.
- Chop up all your ingredients and place them into a large bowl. Add your olive oil and salt. This is where it gets fun, with both hands in the bowl pick up your leaves and gently massage them in between your finger tips. This will ensure that your kale etc, which can be quite tough, softens. This is key to any salad with kale.
- Once your leaves are lovely and tender add your nuts and mix (now feel free to use a spoon ;) ) add some pepper to taste and top with lemon juice to finish.