This recipe is all about promoting good gut health. Cruciferous vegetables are not only delicious but are full of plant power, plenty of polyphenols, and pre and probiotics to feed the good bacteria in the gut. This plate is super easy to make and is full of flavour.
1 large lettuce head
1 tbsp of honey
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
A handful of almond flakes
A handful of pomegranate
For the dressing:
4 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp of Lemon avocado oil
1 level tsp sea salt
A handful of fresh coriander
A handful of fresh parsley
Juice of 1 lemon
- Boil the cauliflower for 10 min stem down. This will soften the stem to make it easier to eat.
- Roast the cauliflower at 180°C for 40min with a nice coating of oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Season your salad base with sea salt, black pepper, honey, turmeric, apple cider vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil.
- To make the dressing, blend together the tahini, lemon avocado oil, a good pinch of sea salt, coriander and parsley, and the juice of a lemon. Add water if needed.
- Time to plate up. Place your whole roasted cauliflower over your salad base. Pour your dressing over your roasted cauliflower and top with flaked almonds, pomegranate. Enjoy!