These energy balls are a completely keto fusion of dried cranberries, nuts and seeds with warming christmas spices to make Christmas Pudding healthier than ever before. Topped with keto white chocolate, dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds for the traditional ‘holly and berry’. The perfect festive treat or snack, that’s also a wonderful healthy gift.
For the energy balls:
- 220g keto hana cinnamon granola
- 180g sugar free dried cranberries, soaked in boiling water and drained 35g or 2 ¼ tbsp nut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp orange zest
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/16 tsp ground cloves
- 1/16 tsp ground ginger
- 1/16 tsp ground allspice
- 1/16 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tbsp keto soft brown sugar alternative e.g. pure via
- 60g keto white chocolate
- 10g sugar free dried cranberries
- 10g or 30x keto hana pumpkin seeds (picked out)
- Soak the dried cranberries in boiling water and set aside for 10 minutes as you prepare other ingredients. Drain well before use through a fine mesh sieve and ensure there’s no excess moisture.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, lightly pulse the keto hana cinnamon granola until roughly chopped. Pour in the cranberries, spices, orange and lemon zest, keto soft brown sugar alternative, vanilla extract and nut butter. Pulse the mixture, scraping down the sides regularly with a spatula until a dough forms. TIP: If the mixture is a little sticky, pop it in the fridge for 15 minutes to make it easier to handle.
- Divide into 15 balls approx 30g each and 3 ¼ cm diameter. Roll between the palms of your hands. Tip: if your hands are freshly washed and patted mostly dry they’ll be easier to roll. You may like to wash your hands a few times throughout otherwise your hands will become sticky and make it harder to roll smoothly.
- In a small saucepan over a very low heat or in a microwave in a small bowl at 5-10 second intervals - melt the white chocolate, stirring regularly. Drizzle around ½ tsp white chocolate over each of the balls.
- Slice up the cranberries, and press each small cranberry into a ‘berry’ and pop 2-3 on each. Then stick two pumpkin seeds just behind the berries. Allow them to solidify for 15 minutes in the fridge and then enjoy. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.