A vibrant Christmas salad for your celebration meals - served in a wreath shape for a decorative feel. Nourishing kale is massaged to tenderise and then sprinkled with baby leaves, finely sliced radishes, chicken breast strips, crumbled goats cheese, pomegranate seeds and a warming finish from Keto Hana Cinnamon Granola. Drizzled with a pomegranate and orange dressing for festive flavours.
For the salad:
- 50g (purple) kale
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp fine salt
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 40g pea shoots and baby leaves
- 60g radish, finely slices 80g pre-cooked chicken breast (from packet) cut into strips
- 30g pomegranate seeds
- 30g crumbled goats cheese
- 25g cinnamon granola
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp pomegranate juice
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp keto syrup
- ¼ tsp orange zest
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- 1/16 tsp black pepper, ground
How to make a Christmas Salad
- Separate the kale from the tough stems then weigh out 50g. Massage the kale with the olive oil, salt and lemon juice to tenderise and allow it to soften a little. This makes it more digestible.
- Finely slice the radishes, slice the chicken and crumble the goats cheese. Mix the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. On a large serving plate, pour some of the dressing in a small bowl in the centre.
- Assemble the salad in a wreath shape, start with the tenderised kale, then sprinkle over the pea shoots and baby leaves, followed by the radish slices, chicken slices, crumbled goats cheese and pomegranate seeds. Then sprinkle over your keto hana cinnamon granola.
- Drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.